From BR Bullpen
Richard Fred Drott
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Western Hills High School (Cincinnati)
- Debut April 16, 1957
- Final Game September 27, 1963
- Born July 1, 1936 in Cincinnati, OH USA
- Died August 16, 1985 in Glendale Heights, IL USA
 Biographical Information
After three years in the minors, pitcher Dick Drott made his big league debut with the Chicago Cubs in 1957. He won 15 games, was tied for second in the National League with 170 strikeouts, and finished third in Rookie of the Year Award voting. On May 26th, he struck out 15 batters in a game against the Milwaukee Braves.
Drott fell to a 7-11 mark and a 5.43 ERA in 1958 and played sparingly the next three years due to arm injuries. He was selected by the Houston Colt .45's in the 1961 expansion draft and spent his last two years in the majors with them. He later attempted a comeback in the Chicago White Sox organization but was released.
Drott began working for the Chicago Park District in 1965 and worked for them until he died of stomach cancer at age 49 in 1985.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1957)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1957)