From BR Bullpen
Delorimier Downs, also known at various times as Delorimier Stadium, Montreal Stadium and Hector Racine Stadium, and as the Stade Delorimier in French, was the home of the Montreal Royals of the International League from 1928 to 1960. Located not far from downtown Montréal, QC, the park was a steel and concrete structure with bleachers in right and left field and seated around 20,000. Known to favor lefthanded batters, it featured a short distance of 293 down the right field foul line.
The Royals, with their affiliation with the Brooklyn Dodgers, were largely successful on the field, and that success carried over to the gate. In 1941, they drew a record 24,458 fans for a playoff game against the Newark Bears, and in 1948, they attracted over 600,000 fans as they won the IL crown.
Delorimier Downs was demolished in 1971, and a high school and its athletic fields now stand on the site.