From BR Bullpen
Dean William Palmer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
 Biographical Information
Dean Palmer was a slugging third baseman who played 14 seasons in the big leagues, all in the American League. He struck out a lot, and is # 82 on the all-time list for most strikeouts (as of June 2007). He reached his peak performance in a partial season in 1995 when he hit .336 with 9 home runs in 36 games - an injury interrupted his season at a time when he was one of the dominant players in the league.
He began playing in the minors at age 17, and hit the majors at age 20.
- Led Texas League with 25 home runs and 152 strike outs in 1989.
http://www.lonestarball.com ranks Palmer as the # 40 top Ranger of all time, and has an extensive biography. http://www.lonestarball.com/story/2006/12/11/1283/1789
 Notable Achievements
- AL All-Star (1998)
- 2-time AL Silver Slugger Award Winner (1998 & 1999)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 7 (1992, 1993 & 1996-2000)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 4 (1993, 1996, 1998 & 1999)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 4 (1996 & 1998-2000)