David John Sax
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School Cosumnes River College
- Debut September 1, 1982
- Final Game April 26, 1987
- Born September 22, 1958 in Sacramento, CA USA
Dave Sax, the brother of Steve Sax, came up to the majors in five different seasons for brief appearances. He played many years in the minors, including four years with his brother Steve. He was with Albuquerque for three years (hitting .343 in 1983) and Pawtucket for three more. He ended up his minor league career spending four seasons with Columbus.
Sax's major league appearances were all with the Dodgers and Red Sox. He never got a hit with the Dodgers, but did well in two of his three brief appearances with the Red Sox, hitting .306 in 1985 and .455 in 1986.
He lives in Roseville, CA, where his brother also lives.
Both Dave and R.J. Reynolds were born in Sacramento, CA (Dave in the second half of 1958 and R.J. in the first half of 1959), and both attended Cosumnes River College. Both were signed by the Dodgers and worked their way up the Dodgers minor league organization. The two were both on the division-winning 1983 Dodgers and the 1984 Albuquerque Dukes.
- Richard Bogovich: "Dave Sax", in Bill Nowlin and Leslie Heaphy, ed.: The 1986 Boston Red Sox: There Was More Than Game 6, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2016. pp. 167-172. ISBN 978-1-943816-19-4