From BR Bullpen
David Earl Nelson
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- School Compton Junior College, The Los Angeles State College
- High School Junipero Serra High School
- Debut April 11, 1968
- Final Game September 27, 1977
- Born June 20, 1944 in Fort Sill, OK USA
 Biographical Information
After his playing career ended, he was a coach for Texas Christian University in 1980 and a Chicago White Sox coach from 1981 to 1984. He was the White Sox minor league infield and baserunning coach in 1985, and Director of Instruction for the Oakland Athletics in 1986-1987. Nelson was a radio commentator for the Chicago Cubs in 1988-1989. He was the minor league baserunning instructor in 1990-1991 for the Montreal Expos organization. Nelson was a member of the Cleveland Indians staff from 1992 to 1997. Moving back to radio, he announced Indians games in 1998-1999 He joined the Milwaukee Brewers organization in 2001 and was the team's first base coach from 2003 through 2006. As of 2007, he is working for the Brewers Television network.
 Notable Achievements
- 1968 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- AL All-Star (1973)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 1 (1972)