From BR Bullpen
David Barclay Dowling
born David Barclay Gill
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 181 lb.
- School University of California
- High School Chehalis High School
- Debut October 3, 1964
- Final Game September 22, 1966
- Born August 23, 1942 in Baton Rouge, LA USA
 Biographical Information
Dave Dowling pitched a complete game in his only career start. It was on September 22, 1966 as a member of the Chicago Cubs against the Cincinnati Reds. He gave up 10 hits, 2 earned runs, didn't walk anyone and struck out 3. His only other major league game was a one-inning relief appearance on October 3, 1964, as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals. His career ERA is a very impressive 1.80.