From BR Bullpen
David Albert DeBusschere
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 6", Weight 225 lb.
- School University of Detroit Mercy
- Debut April 22, 1962
- Final Game September 2, 1963
- Born October 16, 1940 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died May 14, 2003 in New York, NY USA
 Biographical Information
Dave DeBusschere was a Hall of Fame basketball player with the Detroit Pistons and New York Knicks. He also briefly served as commissioner of the American Basketball Association. In his baseball career, he pitched a couple of seasons in the majors at ages 21 and 22, appearing in 36 games with an ERA of 2.90.
He pitched a complete game shutout on August 13, 1963 against the Cleveland Indians. He gave up 6 hits, walked 1 and struck out 3. He only had 1 career hit in 22 at bats, a single off Bennie Daniels on July 17, 1963.
During three years in the minors, he had a record of 40-21.