From BR Bullpen
Darryl Andrew Kile
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 185 lb.
- School Chaffey College
- High School Norco High School
- Debut April 8, 1991
- Final Game June 18, 2002
- Born December 2, 1968 in Garden Grove, CA USA
- Died June 22, 2002 in Chicago, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Kile won 133 games in the majors and would likely have won quite a few more had his career not ended abruptly, since his last three seasons were all pretty good. During his career he was twice second in the National League in wins, and in his last season was part of a team that went on to win 97 games.
He died of a sudden heart attack while he slept at the team hotel on June 22, 2002. His shocking death caused the postponement of the St. Louis Cardinals' game against the Chicago Cubs that Saturday afternoon.
 Notable Achievements
- 3-time NL All-Star (1993, 1997 & 2000)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1993, 1997, 2000 & 2001)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (2000)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 5 (1996-1998, 2000 & 2001)
- 200 Strikeouts Seasons: 2 (1996 & 1997)