Daniel William Heep
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- School St. Mary's University
- High School Robert E. Lee High School (San Antonio)
- Debut August 31, 1979
- Final Game June 8, 1991
- Born July 3, 1957 in San Antonio, TX USA
Danny Heep played 13 years in the majors from 1979 to 1991, never getting more than 320 at-bats. He was a pinch-hitter and back-up outfielder and first baseman whose ability to come off the bench kept him in the majors for more than a decade. He also was used twice as a pitcher in the Major Leagues.
Heep is the nephew of big leaguer Matt Batts.
- 1979 Player of the Year Southern League Columbus Astros
- Won two World Series with the New York Mets (1986) and the Los Angeles Dodgers (1988)