From BR Bullpen
Daniel Webster Shannon
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 9", Weight 175 lb.
- Debut April 17, 1889
- Final Game September 16, 1891
- Born March 23, 1865 in Bridgeport, CT USA
- Died October 25, 1913 in Bridgeport, CT USA
 Biographical Information
Dan Shannon played three years in the majors and managed for parts of two of those years. He played primarily second base. He was also active in Connecticut baseball in various capacities.
He managed Buffalo for part of 1899. He was chief of umpires in the Connecticut League for part of 1904.
 Related Sites
The book Baseball in Louisville has a photo of the 1889 Louisville team, including Dan Shannon.