From BR Bullpen
John Hillary Swaim
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 6' 6", Weight 180 lb.
- School Mount Union College
- Debut May 3, 1897
- Final Game July 21, 1898
- Born March 11, 1874 in Cadwallader, OH USA
- Died December 27, 1945 in Eustis, FL USA
 Biographical Information
John "Cy" Swaim pitched for the 1897 Washington Senators and the 1898 Washington Senators as a starting pitcher. Another pitcher on the staff, Roger Bresnahan, later returned to the majors as a catcher.
Swaim did well to go 10-11 on a team in 1897 that went 61-71 on the season.
Swaim was in the minors in the Iron and Oil League in 1895.