From BR Bullpen
Cyril Owen Buker
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 190 lb.
- School University of Wisconsin-Madison
- High School Greenwood (WI) High School
- Debut May 17, 1945
- Final Game September 23, 1945
- Born February 5, 1918 in Greenwood, WI USA
- Died October 11, 2011 in Greenwood, WI USA
 Biographical Information
Buker was born in Greenwood, WI, in west-central Wisconsin. After attending the University of Wisconsin at the same time as John Sullivan, he played in the minors, appeared in semi-pro ball and did some teaching. He impressed in 1944 by going 11-3 with St. Paul, and was in the majors in 1945. In 1946 he went 12-7 for Montreal, a team famous for featuring Jackie Robinson.
According to Baseball in Wartime, he was briefly in the Army but had asthma and was released. According to his biography by SABR, he held out for a few weeks in 1946 trying to get a better salary, and the dispute may have led to his not making the major league team in 1946.