Eros Bolivar Barger
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 160 lb.
- School Transylvania University
- Debut August 30, 1906
- Final Game October 2, 1915
- Born May 18, 1885 in Jamestown, KY USA
- Died September 23, 1964 in Columbia, KY USA
Cy Barger pitched in the American League, the National League, and the Federal League. He went 15-15 in 1910 with the Brooklyn Superbas during Zack Wheat's first full major league season, and a couple years later went 1-9 during Casey Stengel's rookie season with the club.
In his first year with the Pittsburgh Rebels in 1914, he had the highest ERA among the starters. A year later in 1915, he had the lowest ERA among the starters.
He starred for Rochester in 1909.
He is the only major leaguer to come out of Transylvania University as of 2013.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1910)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1910, 1911 & 1914)
Year-by-Year Managerial Record
|1917||Memphis Chicks||Southern Association||59-50||4th||none||Replaced Mike Donlin (22-23) on May 28|
|1918||Memphis Chicks||Southern Association||32-38||6th||League suspended operations|
|1919||Memphis Chicks||Southern Association||66-73||5th||none|
|1921||St. Petersburg Saints||Florida State League||50-65||5th|