From BR Bullpen
Located in DeLand, Florida, Conrad Park* was built in 1936. In over half a century, the stadium was home to the DeLand Reds (1936-1938), the DeLand Red Hats (1939-1942, 1946-1954), and the DeLand Sun Caps (1970) of the Florida State League as well as Stetson University's baseball team.
In 1998 a very odd thing happened to this old ballpark, whose name was now Melching Field @ Conrad Park: it was turned around a complete 180 degrees. The batter's box is now in what used be center field and the center fielder is positioned near the old batter's box. This move was done to negate the effect of the sun on the batters.