From BR Bullpen
Conference USA was formed in 1995. The conference unveiled its name, logo and commissioner on April 24, 1995 in Chicago. The league's charter members included Charlotte, Cincinnati, DePaul, Houston, Louisville, Marquette, Memphis, Saint Louis, Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB and USF. Eleven of the institutions began athletic participation in 1995, while Houston joined competition in the fall of 1996.
C-USA added East Carolina (September, 1996) and the United States Military Academy (March, 1997) as football members. ECU began league competition in 1997; Army in 1998 and UAB began football play in 1999. The league added TCU and ECU (1999) for all sports and they began competition in 2001.
 2014 Conference Members and First Year of Baseball
- ECU Pirates 2001 (will leave for the American Athletic Conference following the 2013-2014 school year.)
- FAU Owls 2014
- FIU Panthers 2014
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs 2014
- Marshall Thundering Herd 2006
- Middle Tennessee St. Blue Raiders 2014
- Old Dominion Monarchs 2014
- Rice Owls 2006
- Southern Miss. Golden Eagles 1996
- UT San Antonio Roadrunners 2014
- UNC Charlotte 49ers 1996-2005, 2014
- Tulane Green Wave 1996 (will leave for the American Athletic Conference following the 2013-2014 school year.)
- UAB Blazers 1996
The Conference includes University of North Texas, University of Tulsa and UTEP but they no longer support baseball. Western Kentucky University will join the conference in the 2014-2015 school year, as Tulsa will move to the American Athletic Conference that year.
 Former Members
- Saint Louis Billikens 1996-2005 - moved to Atlantic 10 Conference
- Cincinnati Bearcats 1996-2005 - moved to Big East Conference
- Louisville Cardinals 1996-2005 - moved to Big East Conference
- USF Bulls 1996-2005 - moved to Big East Conference
- TCU Horned Frogs 2001-2005 - moved to Mountain West Conference
- DePaul University and Marquette University also moved to the Big East but did not support Baseball.
- Houston Cougars 1997-2013 moved to American Athletic Conference
- Memphis Tigers 1996-2013 moved to American Athletic Conference
- UCF Golden Knights 2006-2013 moved to American Athletic Conference
- SMU also moved to the American Athletic Conference but did not support baseball.