From BR Bullpen
Clarence Waldo Blethen
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 165 lb.
- School University of Maine
- High School Higgins Classical Institute
- Debut September 17, 1923
- Final Game September 26, 1929
- Born July 11, 1893 in Dover-Foxcroft, ME USA
- Died April 11, 1973 in Frederick, MD USA
 Biographical Information
Clarence Blethen is famous for a story about his false teeth. Supposedly, he took them out while playing ball, and put them in his back pocket. One day, in 1923, while playing in the majors, he slid into second base and, as the story goes, "bit himself in the ass".
Blethen played two years in the majors, separated by a six-year interval, and 19 years in the minors.
 Year-by-Year Managerial Record
|1937||Leaksville-Draper-Spray Triplets||Bi-State League||--||--||replaced by Dave Lawless|