From BR Bullpen
Charles Joseph Sheerin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 198 lb.
- School Fordham University
- Debut April 21, 1936
- Final Game September 27, 1936
- Born April 17, 1909 in Brooklyn, NY USA
- Died September 27, 1986 in Valley Stream, NY USA
 Biographical Information
New York native Chuck Sheerin played in 39 games as an infielder for the Philadelphia Phillies in 1936. He hit .264 in 72 at-bats and fielded at a .942 clip.
From 1933 to 1938 he spent five active seasons in the minor leagues. He appeared in 503 games and hit .248 in 1,774 at-bats. Chuck's best season came in 1934 when he hit .288 for the Atlanta Crackers of the Southern Association in 295 at-bats.
Chuck also fielded his infield positions at a .942 percentage in the minor leagues. Sheerin did not play during the 1937 season.