From BR Bullpen
Charles A. Hautz
- Bats Right, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 7", Weight 150 lb.
- Debut May 4, 1875
- Final Game September 4, 1884
- Born February 5, 1852 in St. Louis, MO USA
- Died January 24, 1929 in St. Louis, MO USA
 Biographical Information
Charlie Hautz was the hitting star for the 1875 St. Louis Red Stockings, who played only 19 games. Hautz came back briefly in 1884 to play in the American Association, as one of the oldest players on the 1884 Pittsburgh Alleghenys.
Hautz apparently played professional ball, not in the majors, in between 1875 and 1884. Sources say he played in Indianapolis in 1877 and 1879. He also umpired at least one game in 1882.