From BR Bullpen
Charles Henry Gettig
- Bats Right, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 10", Weight 172 lb.
- Debut August 5, 1896
- Final Game October 14, 1899
- Born December, 1870 in Baltimore, MD USA
- Died April 11, 1935 in Baltimore, MD USA
 Biographical Information
". . . one does not know under what heading to put that useful big fellow. He is a pitcher, a catcher, an infielder and an outfielder, as well as a batter of no small importance."- from Sporting Life, April 24, 1897
Sporting Life sometimes spelled his name "Charley".