From BR Bullpen
Virgil Cecil Garriott
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 165 lb.
- School Millikin University
- Debut September 4, 1946
- Final Game September 24, 1946
- Born August 15, 1916 in Harristown, IL USA
- Died February 20, 1990 in Lake Elsinore, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Outfielder Cecil Garriott played professional baseball for sixteen seasons from 1936 to 1953.
Garriott spent the 1945 season serving in the United States Army during World War II.
Cecil played in the major leagues with the 1946 Chicago Cubs, in late September, as a pinch-hitter in six games with no hits.
During his minor league career, he had two seasons in which he hit over .300. In 1938, he hit .318, and in 1940, he hit .306. Garriott had a minor league career batting average of .279 along with 162 home runs.
Garriot was a player-manager the last three years of his career from 1951-1953.