From BR Bullpen
Calvin John Eldred
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 235 lb.
- School University of Iowa
- HIgh School Urbana Community High School
- Debut September 24, 1991
- Final Game October 4, 2005
- Born November 24, 1967 in Cedar Rapids, IA USA
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Cal Eldred was in the majors for 14 years, posting a career record of 86-74, while suffering numerous injuries during his career. He was signed as a 1st round pick in the 1989 amateur draft by the Milwaukee Brewers and scouts Steve McAllister and Dick Foster.
He originally burst upon the major league scene winning 13 of his first 15 decisions for the Brewers in 1991 and 1992. Oddly, he then went exactly .500 four years in a row, from 1993 to 1996, going 16-16, 11-11, 1-1, and 4-4. Later, he went 10-2 for the division-winning Chicago White Sox in 2000 and had winning records for division-winning St. Louis Cardinals teams in 2004 and 2005. Eldred retired following the 2005 season.
In 2008, he was working in the St. Louis Cardinals front office with the title "Special Assistant to the General Manager".
"Cal has been a leader on and off the field. He carries himself like a professional, so younger guys like myself can learn from him." -Jim Parque
 Notable Achievements
- 1992 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- AL Innings Pitched Leader (1993)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1993)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1993 and 1997)