Home of Indianapolis Indians, 1931 to 1996
Home of Indianapolis Clowns, 1944, 1946 to 1950
CAPACITY: 15,000 (1938); 13,254 (1947); 12,934 (1985)
Bush Stadium was the longtime home of the AAA Indianapolis Indians. Designed to be similar to Wrigley Field's original single-deck design, the park was originally known as Perry Stadium when it opened in 1931 and was renamed Victory Field in 1942. It was again renamed after major leaguer and Hoosier native Owen Bush in 1967. Bush Stadium was also where parts of the movie "Eight Men Out" was filmed. The club moved downtown to new Victory Field during the 1996 season. After the Indians moved out, the park was converted for a time to an automobile racetrack known as 16th Street Speedway. The park still stands, vacant, today.