From BR Bullpen
Burnett Field in Dallas, TX was home to the Dallas Rangers when they joined the American Association in 1959. The 10,500-seat stadium was used part-time from 1960 through 1962 by the Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers, who also played half their games in Fort Worth, TX using LaGrave Field. In 1965 the stadium was replaced by Turnpike Stadium, midway between Dallas and Fort Worth. The stadium was named after Dallas Eagles owner Dick Burnett.