From BR Bullpen
Burlington is the largest city in the state of Vermont, located on the eastern shore of Lake Champlain. Some of the teams named "Vermont" have had an official address in nearby Winooski, VT, which lies across the Winooski River, but their playing field, historical Centennial Field, was within Burlington's city limits. The team's current name refers to Lake Champlain and the legendary sea creature said to live in its depths.
 Teams that have played here
- Burlington A's, Provincial League (1955)
- Vermont Reds, Eastern League (1984-1987)
- Vermont Mariners, Eastern League (1988)
- Vermont Expos, New York-Penn League (1994-2005)
- Vermont Lake Monsters, New York-Penn League (2006-present)