Happy 10th birthday to the SABR/Baseball-Reference Encyclopedia. Thanks to all those who have contributed and welcome to any who wish to contribute.
From BR Bullpen
Note: This page links to All Star outfielder Brian Giles. For the infielder who played from 1981 to 1990, click here.
Brian Stephen Giles
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Granite Hills High School (El Cajon)
- Debut September 16, 1995
- Final Game June 18, 2009
- Born January 21, 1971 in El Cajon, CA USA
 Biographical Information
For a period of time, Brian Giles was one of the best hitters in the major leagues. His power went down later in his career but he could still get the job done, hitting for a good average, solid power, and walking over 100 times a year. He was a very solid fielder with a good arm who could play all three outfield positions but his best was left field and he was competent in center or right.
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time NL All-Star (2000 & 2001)
- NL Bases on Balls Leader (2005)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 6 (1999-2004)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 4 (1999-2002)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 3 (1999, 2000 & 2002)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 3 (1999-2001)