Brian Anderson (anderbr02)
Brian James Anderson
- Bats Both, Throws Left
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- School Wright State University
- High School Geneva (OH) High School
- Debut September 10, 1993
- Final Game May 8, 2005
- Born April 26, 1972 in Portsmouth, VA USA
Brian Anderson broke school records at Wright State University in innings pitched (97 2/3), strikeouts in one season (110), complete games in a season (11) and wins in a season (11). He was selected a third team All-American by the NCAA coaches poll in 1992. ESPN analyst Peter Gammons touted Brian as one of the top three pitching prospects in the 1993 amateur draft.
On August 4, 2004, after starting out the season 0-9, Brian pitched a two-hit shutout against the Chicago White Sox. This was arguably the best start of Brian's career.
- 1994 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1998 & 2000)
- Won a World Series with the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2001.