From BR Bullpen
Breadon Field was a minor league ballpark in Allentown, Pennsylvania. It was named for St. Louis Cardinals owner Sam Breadon, who built the park in 1948 for his Class B farm team in the Interstate League. The Allentown Cardinals moved to the Eastern League in 1954, but left Allentown in 1957. That same year, the Boston Red Sox relocated their Eastern League franchise from Syracuse, New York to Allentown and played at Breadon Field until 1960. The Lehigh Valley Mall now stands on the site.