From BR Bullpen
Brandon Emil Phillips
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Redan High School
- Debut September 13, 2002
 Biographical Information
On August 1, 2007, Brandon Phillips stole second and third base on the same pitch, while the infield shifted for Adam Dunn. No one knows if this has ever happened before, but presumably it at least equaled a record. On September 5th, he hit his 28th homer of the season, breaking Joe Morgan's record for a Cincinnati Reds second baseman. He ended the season with 30.
Phillips was the starting second baseman and second-place hitter for Team USA in the 2013 World Baseball Classic. He returned to the All-Star Game after a one-year absence in 2013, being voted the starting second baseman by fans. He was in negotiations for a renewal of his contract with the Reds at that time and received a lot of negative publicity for calling the Reds' offer of $72.5 million a "slap in the face", as it was much smaller than the $225 million offered to Joey Votto over 10 years in 2012.
 Notable Achievements
- 3-time NL All-Star (2010, 2011 & 2013)
- 4-time NL Gold Glove Winner (2008, 2010, 2011 & 2013)
- NL Silver Slugger Award Winner (2011)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (2007-2009)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 1 (2007)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (2013)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 2 (2007 & 2010)