From BR Bullpen
Brad Gregory Ziegler
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- School Southwest Missouri State University
- High School Odessa (MO) High School
- Debut May 31, 2008
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Brad Ziegler bounced around the minor leagues for a number of years before adopting a submarine motion and reaching the Major Leagues with the Oakland Athletics in 2008. On July 27, 2008, he set a record when he pitched his 27th consecutive scoreless inning in his 23rd outing of the season. He passed George McQuillan who had begun his career with 25 consecutive scoreless innings in 1907. The streak reached 39 innings (tying Al Benton's 1949 record for consecutive scoreless relief innings) before being snapped by the Tampa Bay Rays on August 14. Ziegler took over from Huston Street as the A's closer at the end of the season, then was added to Team USA's roster for the 2009 World Baseball Classic.
 Notable Achievements
- 2008 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- NL Games Pitched Leader (2013)
 Further Reading
- Bob Nightengale: "Brad Ziegler tweets his mind, and then some", USA Today Sports, March 13, 2014.