From BR Bullpen
John Bradley Clontz
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 180 lb.
- School Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- High School Patrick County High School
- Debut April 26, 1995
- Final Game April 30, 2000
- Born April 25, 1971 in Stuart, VA USA
 Biographical Information
Despite being a reliever who only appeared in 39 games, Brad Clontz was named Most Outstanding Pitcher of the Southern League in 1994. For the Greenville Braves he was 1-2 with 27 saves and a 1.20 ERA (but a 2.60 RA), allowing 32 hits and 10 walks in 45 innings while striking out 49. Clontz finished the year with the Richmond Braves of the International League and saved 11 more in 24 games, posting a 2.10 ERA and striking out 21 in 26 innings, allowing 9 hits. Clontz's combined total of 38 saves that year led the minor leagues. Six years after his last major league appearance, Clontz continued to toil in the minor leagues, spending the 2006 season with Albuquerque, at the AAA level.
Clontz used a sidearm delivery and was known for his slider.
 Notable Achievements
- 1994 Pitcher of the Year Southern League Greenville Braves
- NL Games Pitched Leader (1996)
- Won a World Series with the Atlanta Braves in 1995