Robert Phillip Maier
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 180 lb.
- High School St. Peter's Preparatory School
- Debut April 17, 1945
- Final Game September 20, 1945
- Born September 5, 1915 in Dunellen, NJ USA
- Died August 4, 1993 in South Plainfield, NJ USA
In his only major league season, Bob Maier was the Detroit Tigers' everyday third baseman during their 1945 wartime World Championship season. Maier's World Series average was a neat 1.000 (he batted once, doubling as a pinch-hitter for catcher Paul Richards). Jimmy Outlaw played third base in the Series, as Maier lost his spot in the lineup in a shuffle resulting from Hank Greenberg's service release after four years of military duty, late in the 1945 season.
In the minors, Bob played for Trenton, Salisbury, Hagerstown and Buffalo.