From BR Bullpen
Robert James Hamelin
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 235 lb.
- School University of California, Los Angeles, Rancho Santiago College
- High School Irvine High School
- Debut September 12, 1993
- Final Game September 27, 1998
- Born November 29, 1967 in Elizabeth, NJ USA
 Biographical Information
Out of high school, Bob Hamelin was recruited by Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz to play linebacker for the Fighting Irish. The Royals "star" curse of the 1990s and 2000s was exemplified by Hamelin who won the Rookie of the Year Award in 1994 and by 1997 was signing a minor league contract with Detroit Tigers. Just eight years later, the Royals' shortstop, Angel Berroa, won the Rookie of the Year Award and was playing in the minor leagues within five years. Royals 2004 All-Star Ken Harvey was a full-time minor leaguer just three years later and 2006 Royals All-Star Mark Redman signed a minor league deal the very next year.
 Notable Achievements
|AL Rookie of the Year|
|Tim Salmon||Bob Hamelin||Marty Cordova|