Robert Houston Hale
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Lake View High School (Chicago)
- Debut July 4, 1955
- Final Game October 1, 1961
- Born November 7, 1933 in Sarasota, FL USA
- Died September 8, 2012 in Park Ridge, IL USA
Hale played exclusively first base when in the field, playing in 120 games at the position in his career, but since he appeared in 376 major league games, clearly his prime occupation was as a pinch-hitter. After his first couple of seasons, he rarely played in the field. He hit for a good average - .273 - but had little power, with only two career home runs.
Bob and teammate Brooks Robinson, who was three years younger, broke in the same year, 1955.