We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Robert Daniel Emslie
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut July 25, 1883
- Final Game July 16, 1885
- Born January 27, 1859 in Guelph, ON CAN
- Died April 26, 1943 in St. Thomas, ON CAN
 Biographical Information
Bob Emslie, born in Canada, had a big year in 1884 when he won 32 games with the Baltimore Orioles of the American Association. His entire major league career was in the American Association. He had to give up pitching because of a sore arm. After that he was a major league umpire for 35 years, including on the day when the famous Merkle Bonehead Play occurred.
He was nicknamed "Blind Bob", but in fact was an excellent marksman.
He was named to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
 Notable Achievements
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 30 Wins Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1883 & 1884)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 400 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1884)
- 200 Strikeouts Seasons: 1 (1884)