From BR Bullpen
Michael Duane McLaughlin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 210 lb.
- School David Lipscomb College
- High School Amelia High School (Batavia)
- Debut July 20, 1976
- Final Game July 9, 1982
- Born October 23, 1953 in Oakland, CA USA
 Biographical Information
After retiring as a player, McLaughlin has worked in the farm systems of the Chicago Cubs (1993-1994), Montreal Expos (1995-1997), Baltimore Orioles (1998-2001), and Colorado Rockies (2002-present). On June 26, 2012, he was promoted to pitching coach of the major league team, after the resignation of Bob Apodaca. The team's pitching staff was in disarray, and only a week earlier, GM Dan O'Dowd had stated that the team would try a four-man rotation, with the starters working on a strict pitch count. After McLaughlin's appointment, O'Dowd hinted that even more radical experiments were on their way, including a possible reorganization of the pitching staff with no separation of roles between starters and relievers.
- 1993 Pitching coach Peoria Chiefs
- 1999-2001 Minor league pitching coordinator Baltimore Orioles
- 2003-2008 Pitching coach Tulsa Drillers
- 2009-2011 Minor league pitching coordinator Colorado Rockies
- 2012 Pitching coach Colorado Springs Sky Sox