Billy Martin (martibi01)
From BR Bullpen
William Gloyd Martin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8½", Weight 170 lb.
- School Georgetown University
- Debut October 6, 1914
- Final Game October 6, 1914
- Born February 13, 1894 in Washington, DC USA
- Died September 14, 1949 in Arlington, VA USA
 Biographical Information
Shortstop Billy Martin, also known as Bill Martin, only played one game in the Major Leagues, for the Boston Braves on October 6, 1914, going hitless in three at bats while committing an error. However, he was on the team's World Series roster that year, replacing Red Smith, out with a broken ankle, and collected a World Series winner's cheque, even if he was not used in the Braves' four-game sweep of the Philadelphia Athletics.