Bill Swift (swiftbi02)
William Charles Swift
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 180 lb.
- School University of Maine
- Debut June 7, 1985
- Final Game September 11, 1998
- Born October 27, 1961 in Portland, ME USA
Bill Swift was on Team USA when they won Bronze at the 1982 Amateur World Series, Silver at the 1983 Intercontinental Cup and Bronze at the 1983 Pan American Games. He also appeared in the 1984 Olympics for the US. He was signed as the second overall pick in the 1st round of the 1984 amateur draft by the Seattle Mariners and scout Bill Kearns.
His cousin, Nick Caiazzo, played in the Milwaukee Brewers farm system. After his career, he became head coach at Arizona Christian University in 2014. He previously coached Scottsdale Christian Academy from 2001 to 2013.
- Tracy Ringolsby: "Swift reflects on MLB career, coaching in Q&A: Former pitcher discusses post-playing days as Arizona Christian College's head coach", mlb.com, January 30, 2016.