From BR Bullpen
William Grover Slayback
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- School Glendale Community College (CA), San Fernando Valley State College
- High School Crescenta Valley High School
- Debut June 26, 1972
- Final Game October 2, 1974
- Born February 21, 1948 in Hollywood, CA USA
- Died March 25, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Bill Slayback had a brief pitching career for the Detroit Tigers in the mid-1970s, but is best known today for co-writing (with Tigers legendary broadcaster Ernie Harwell) and performing the song Move Over Babe (Here Comes Henry) in 1973. The song is a tribute to Hank Aaron's chase of the all-time home run record.
Slayback was a man of many talents, as in addition to baseball and music, he was also an accomplished artist, photographer and woodworker. He was also a successful pharmaceutical salesman after his baseball career, while keeping up his other interests.