Bill Morgan (morgabi01)
From BR Bullpen
Henry W. Morgan
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Debut August 5, 1884
- Final Game September 8, 1884
- Born October 17, 1857 in Washington, DC USA
- Died July 28, 1938 in Baltimore, MD USA
 Biographical Information
Bill Morgan was wrongly credited with the playing record of namesake Bill Morgan in 1882. In fact, he did not make his debut until two years later.
In his only major league action in 1884, he played with the Richmond Virginians of the American Association, going 2 for 20, and then for the Baltimore Monumentals of the Union Association, where he was 2 for 9. He settled in Baltimore, MD, where he ran a saloon after his baseball days. He died there in 1938, having married twice in the interim. When his death certificate was found in 2014, it allowed researchers to confirm his date of birth, which was in 1857 and not in 1853 as listed in earlier records.
 Further Reading
- "Henry Morgan", in Bill Carle, ed. Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, March/April 2014, pp. 1-2.