Wilbert William Hubbell
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1½", Weight 195 lb.
- School University of Idaho
- Debut September 24, 1919
- Final Game September 13, 1925
- Born June 17, 1897 in San Francisco, CA USA
- Died August 3, 1980 in Lakewood, CO USA
Bill Hubbell pitched seven years in the major leagues, mostly for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Bill played in the majors before the more famous Carl Hubbell came up. However, Carl pitched in the minors beginning in 1923, and Bill went back to the minors after his major league days. They were both in the American Association in 1927 (Carl for only two games while Bill went 9-9). Bill pitched through 1932 in the minors, winning 14 with Minneapolis in 1926 and 13 with Sacramento in 1931.
Bill Hubbell was the first major leaguer out of the University of Idaho.