From BR Bullpen
Note: For the minor league player William Atwood, please click here.
William Franklin Atwood
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11½", Weight 190 lb.
- School Hardin-Simmons University
- Debut April 15, 1936
- Final Game September 29, 1940
- Born September 25, 1911 in Rome, GA USA
- Died September 14, 1993 in Snyder, TX USA
 Biographical Information
After five seasons with the Philadelphia Phillies, Bill Atwood suffered a collarbone injury and never returned to the big leagues. He played a few more seasons with minor league clubs, including the Hollywood Stars of the Pacific Coast League, and served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He went on to spend a season as a coach with the Cincinnati Reds. Atwood died at age 81 in an automobile accident.