Bill James (jamesbi01)
From BR Bullpen
William Henry James
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 195 lb.
- Debut June 12, 1911
- Final Game September 17, 1919
- Born January 20, 1887 in Detroit, MI USA
- Died May 25, 1942 in Venice, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Bill James was a pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, St. Louis Browns and Detroit Tigers for eight seasons. He played his last game in the 1919 World Series for the Chicago White Sox but was not involved in the Black Sox Scandal. He served in the Army as a sergeant in the 40th Infantry Division during World War I. Later he was a foreman for the Works Projects Administration. He died at age 55 from heart disease in the Veterans Administration hospital in Los Angeles, CA and is buried at Los Angeles National Cemetery.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1914)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1914 & 1915)