From BR Bullpen
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- High School Franklin High School
 Biographical Information
Bernie Carbo of the Boston Red Sox hit a pair of pinch homers in the 1975 World Series against the Cincinnati Reds; one was a three-run homer tying the famous Game Six and sending it into extra innings, where it would be won on Carlton Fisk's home run. Carbo first came up to the major leagues with the Reds who actually drafted him ahead of Johnny Bench. He was one of the first fashion-conscious players of his era and one of only a few of his day to use a portable hair "blow dryer" in the locker room.
 Notable Achievements
- 1969 MVP American Association Indianapolis Indians
- 1970 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1970)
 Further Reading
- Bernie Carbo (as told to Al Doyle): "The Game I'll Never Forget," Baseball Digest (November 2005), pp. 78-79