From BR Bullpen
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
- League: California League 1995-present
- Affiliation: co-op 1995-1996; San Francisco Giants 1997-2000; Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2001-2004; Texas Rangers 2005-2010; Cincinnati Reds 2011-2014; Seattle Mariners 2015-Present
- Ballpark: Sam Lynn Ballpark
- Famous Alumni: Hideo Nomo (1995), Rocco Baldelli (2002), Josh Hamilton (2002), Jonny Gomes (2002)
In 1995 the Blaze received players from the Cleveland Indians (12 players), Kansas City Royals (2), Los Angeles Dodgers (24), and San Diego Padres (1). In 1996 they received players from 11 different teams. The 1996 team, managed by former Yankee great Graig Nettles, set a Cal League record by losing their final 22 games of the season, finishing dead last at 39-101. Baseball America named the '96 Blaze "The worst minor league baseball team for the decade of the 1990's". From 1997 to 2000 the San Francisco Giants had two high-A affiliates, the Blaze and the San Jose Giants.
In the summer of 2004, the Blaze were bought out by owners of the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, Lake Elsinore Storm and Lancaster JetHawks. This was in response that Bakersfield could lose their franchise, unless if major improvements were made to the stadium. Fortunately, the next year, the Blaze underwent a complete makeover, and Sam Lynn Ballpark was voted best ballpark in the minor leagues in 2005.
On July 17th, 2007, Chris Davis tied a 15 year-old California League record by hitting in 35 consecutive games against the Stockton Ports in Stockton, California. The streak ended the next day. He shares the record with Brent Gates, from the 1992 Modesto A's.
 Year-by-Year Record
 External Link