BR Bullpen:News Archive
From BR Bullpen
This is an archive of items that were featured on the Main Page as part of Current Events.
- February 8: Pinar del Río wins the 2015 Caribbean Series thanks to a 3-2 win over Culiacan in the final game. It is the first Caribbean Series title by a Cuban team since 1960. Frederich Cepeda is named Caribbean Series MVP.
- February 8: The Perth Heat wins its second straight Australian Baseball League title, defeating the Adelaide Bite, two games to one. Allan de San Miguel is named finals MVP.
- February 4: Matt Stairs, Corey Koskie, Felipe Alou, Carlos Delgado and Bob Elliott are named to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
- February 3: The Caribbean Baseball Hall of Fame inducts six people: Roberto Clemente, Juan González, Connie Marrero, Nap Reyes, Héctor Villanueva and Bernie Williams.
- January 28: The Caribes de Anzoátegui win the Venezuelan League title.
- January 27: The Cangrejeros de Santurce claim their first Puerto Rican League championship in 15 years.
- January 26: The Tomateros de Culiacán take the Mexican Pacific League pennant.
- January 25: The Gigantes del Cibao win their first Dominican League title.
- January 23: Hall of Famer Ernie Banks, perhaps the most popular player in the history of the Chicago Cubs, dies at age 83.
- January 19: Atsuya Furuta, Kazuo Hayashi and Ryohei Murayama are voted into the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame in the 2015 election.
- January 16: The Baseball Australia Hall of Fame announces its 2015 class: Trent Durrington and John Galloway.
- January 15: Anthony García wins the Puerto Rican League MVP Award and Iván Maldonado is named the league's Pitcher of the Year.
- January 13: Odubel Herrera is named MVP of the Venezuelan League.
- January 6: Four players are elected to the Hall of Fame, with Pitchers Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz making it in their first year of eligibility, while 2B Craig Biggio is elected on his third try.