We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
BR Bullpen:News Archive
From BR Bullpen
This is an archive of items that were featured on the Main Page as part of Current Events.
- May 12: Dè Flanegin appears in his 692nd game for the Pioniers; this sets a new Hoofdklasse record for games played, all with a single club.
- May 6: Motonobu Tanishige becomes the third NPB catcher to 2,000 hits, joining the meikyukai.
- May 5: Norihiro Nakamura collects his 2,000th hit in NPB, the 43rd player to do so.
- April 29: Donald Lutz becomes the first major leaguer who grew up in Germany.
- April 10: The Boston Red Sox's record streak of consecutive sell-outs at Fenway Park, begun on May 15, 2003, ends after 820 games.
- April 6: Alex Ramirez becomes the first foreign player to join the meikyukai with 2,000 hits.
- March 19: The Dominican Republic wins the 2013 World Baseball Classic, defeating Puerto Rico 3-0 in the finals to complete the tournament without a single loss. Robinson Canó is named MVP.
- March 16: Yadier Pedroso dies in a car crash outside Havana, only eight days after his last appearance for the Cuban national team.
- March 14: The Baseball Australia Hall of Fame announces its 2013 class: Geoffrey Martin, Joe Quinn, Donald Rice, Sydney Smith and Garry Thompson.
- March 1: Researchers Bill Carle, Paul Dickson, Fred Lieb, Francis Richter and John Thorn are honored with the Henry Chadwick Award.
- February 9: The Canberra Cavalry win the 2012-2013 Australian Baseball League title, their first pennant. Aaron Sloan is named finals MVP.
- February 7: The Yaquis de Obregón win the 2013 Caribbean Series, defeating the Leones del Escogido, 4 - 3, at the end of an 18-inning marathon in the tournament finale. Luis Mendoza is named Caribbean Series MVP
- February 7: Tim Raines, George Bell, Rob Ducey, Tom Cheek and Nat Bailey are voted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
- February 5: Miguel Tejada breaks Tony Batista's record for career RBI in Caribbean Series play.
- February 3: Fernando Valenzuela, Frank Estrada, Houston Jiménez, Arturo León Lerma, Ever Magallanes and Renato Vega are inducted into the Caribbean Baseball Hall of Fame.
- January 30: The Navegantes del Magallanes win the Venezuelan League championship; Pablo Sandoval is named MVP of the finals.
- January 26: The Yaquis de Obregón take their third straight Mexican Pacific League pennant.
- January 26: The Criollos de Caguas repeat as Puerto Rican League champions.
- January 22: The Leones del Escogido win their 15th Dominican League title.
- January 19: Two Hall of Famers, player Stan Musial and manager Earl Weaver, pass away on the same day, Musial at age 92 and Weaver at 82.
- January 11: Yutaka Ono, Yoshiro Sotokoba and Kazuo Fukushima are elected to the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame.
- January 9: For only the second time since 1971, the BBWAA fails to elect anyone to the Hall of Fame in its annual ballot.