From BR Bullpen
Arndt Ludwig Jorgens
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut April 26, 1929
- Final Game August 2, 1939
- Born May 18, 1905 in Modum, Norway
- Died March 1, 1980 in Wilmette, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Art Jorgens holds the all-time record for World Series games in which he was on the roster without ever appearing in a game. He was on the post-season roster for the New York Yankees in 1932 and from 1936 to 1939 (23 games total), but never appeared in a post-season game for them.
Art is one of only three major leaguers born in Norway (through 2006). He played his entire major league career - eleven seasons - with the New York Yankees. He came up one year after Bill Dickey, and was a teammate of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and later Joe DiMaggio.
After his baseball career was over, Art worked many years in retail.
 Notable Achievements
- Won five World Series with the New York Yankees (1932, 1936, 1937, 1938 & 1939; he played in none of the World Series)