Arthur Algernon Allison
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 8", Weight 150 lb.
- Debut May 4, 1871
- Final Game October 5, 1876
- Born January 29, 1849 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died February 25, 1916 in Washington, DC USA
Art Allison was the brother of Doug Allison. Following his playing days, Art Allison took a job working in the government printing office in Washington, DC where he served as both a typesetter and a proof-reader. He died in tragic circumstances in a blizzard in 1916. He was hit by an oncoming truck while trying to cross a street in heavy blowing snow. The truck driver did not see Allison crossing the street and it seems Allison did not see the truck.
His brother Doug died later that same year, also in Washington, DC.
Allison played in the first professional game, in 1871, batting clean-up and getting one of the team's five hits. He played right field.