From BR Bullpen
Arthur Ronald Ahrens
Art Ahrens born March 12, 1949, is the author/co-author of several baseball books and numerous free-lance articles. Ahrens, a Chicago born author and fan of the Cubs since he was seven years old, has written extensively on Chicago Cub baseball players of the past several decades. He attended his first Cub game on September 26, 1959, and witnessed a Cubs victory over the Dodgers 12-2.
Art Ahrens is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research and the Old Timers Baseball Association of Chicago. His free-lance articles have appeared in Baseball Digest, Baseball Research Journal, Chicago Sports Scene, Chicago History, Sports Scoop, The Diamond Report, and National Pasttime.
Ahrens has co-authored (with the late Eddie Gold of the Chicago Sun-Times) five titles on Cubs history. Several of these co-authored books on the Cubs featured brief compilation biographies of famous Cub players over the years. His most recent book, Chicago Cubs:1926-1940,(Images of Baseball)(2005), is a pictorial history.
- Day by Day in Chicago Cub History,co-authored with Eddie Gold (June,1982)
- The Golden Era Cubs,1876-1940,co-authored with Eddie Gold (April,1985)
- The New Era Cubs,1941-1985,co-authored with Eddie Gold (June,1985)
- The Cubs: The Complete Record of Chicago Cubs Baseball, (January,1986)
- Cubs: The Renewal Era,1985-1990,co-authored with Eddie Gold (May,1990)
- Chicago Cubs: 1926-1940,(Images of Baseball), (2005)
- Encyclopedia of National League Team Histories, "Chicago Cubs Chapter 3"