From BR Bullpen
Andrew Warren Brackman
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 10", Weight 270 lb.
- School North Carolina State University
- High School Moeller High School
- Debut September 22, 2011
- Final Game September 28, 2011
- Born December 4, 1985 in Cincinnati, OH, USA
 Biographical Information
Brackman grew up in Cincinnati, OH and attended Moeller High School. He went on to college at North Carolina State University, where he also played two seasons of basketball. He was then selected by the Yankees in the first round of the 2007 amateur draft with the 30th overall pick. He was rated higher by scouts, but fell back in the draft as he was considered a very tough sign. He was signed by scout Steve Swail for a $3.35 million bonus at the August 15 deadline and had Tommy John surgery shortly afterward. He had an appendectomy the following spring and didn't make his pro debut until 2009.