From BR Bullpen
Alexander Pitko (Spunk)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Burlington City High School
- Debut September 11, 1938
- Final Game September 21, 1939
- Born November 22, 1914 in Burlington, NJ USA
- Died August 1, 2011 in Mesa, AZ USA
 Biographical Information
He also played four seasons in the minor leagues from 1937 to 1940, hitting for a career average of .306 with 44 home runs in 417 games. He played for the class D Centreville Colts of the Eastern Shore League in 1937, hitting .328 with a league-leading 20 homers and 103 runs. He finished his minor league career with the class B Trois-Rivières Renards team of the Quebec Provincial League in 1940, hitting at a .301 mark.
Pitko was in the United States Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey, as of February, 1941.